Reducing Stress & Creating a Membership You Love with Deborah Engelmajer
Subscribe to the Podcast Download Transcript
In this episode of Behind the Membership, Deborah Engelmajer discusses her membership site for makers and handmade businesses, Tizzit HQ. Deborah's membership is just eight months old, but already a six figure a year business.
Deborah shares how she actually delayed creating her membership site in order to build her audience first, which she attributes as the key to her success. She also talks about how having a membership site has reduced stress and provided more balance, enabling Deborah to do what she loves, like focus on her community.
And Deborah also discusses how engaged the Tizzit community is and what she does to encourage this, including how she sent welcome packages to her first 250 members when she initially launched. Plus the challenges of content creation, how aspects of the membership such as coaching calls, have evolved since the membership first opened and much more.
Listen in to hear about:
- Why Deborah initially put her membership plans on hold to build her audience first – and how she'd recommend prioritising audience building
- How the idea and backbone of the membership orginated from a physical planner that Deborah created
- The impact having the membership site has had on Deborah's stress levels and how the predictability has made planning for the future easier
- Why Deborah is transitioning from opening every two months to being open to new members all the time
- The importance of helping members to focus on the right things at the right time
- How Deborah manages content creation and what she wishes she'd done before launching
- Choosing to use an onsite forum rather than a Facebook group and keeping members engaged
- The low key approach Deborah took to opening her membership instead of running regular launches
- Utilising Pinterest and YouTube to build an audience and email list
- How Deborah sent a physical welcome package to founder members to encourage engagement
- And more!
Connect with Deborah:
Plus you can talk with Deborah in real life at our upcoming Retain conference!
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode