Cultivating a Membership Community with Terra Dawn
Subscribe to the Podcast Download Transcript
In today’s episode of Behind the Membership Callie talks with Terra Dawn from Uncork Your Dork and the Wham! Bam! Business Plan!
Terra's had her membership for over a year now and in this episode they're talking about why she initially moved from Teachable to WordPress and why she's recently moved her community from an onsite forum to Mighty Networks, and the effect that this has had on both her engagement and her retention.
Terra also discusses how she uses challenges and summits to market and grow her membership site, how the membership has changed her business focus and what she's doing next to grow the membership even further.
Listen in to hear:
- How Terra decided to create a membership site to break the feast-famine cycle of launches
- How she launched quickly – and successfully – using Teachable but quickly moved to WordPress – losing 50% of her members in the process
- Why Terra decided to rename and rebrand her membership site as well as niche down further
- How the membership has become the core focus of her business and gives her the ability to create and launch ideas quickly
- The challenge of marketing a membership site and why connecting with your audience and creating trust is key
- Why Terra moved her paid community from an online forum to Mighty Networks and how that has increased engagement and connection with members
- Why she allows cancelled and paused members to stay part of her paid community and how that has improved her win-back rate
- How Terra uses challenges and summits throughout the year to promote the membership and attract new members
- Why she wishes she had launched at a lower price point initially
Connect with Terra:
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode