Overcoming a Subscription Ceiling with Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson joins Callie for this episode of Behind The Membership to talk about Sean Wilson Piano, his membership site for Gospel pianists.
During this episode Sean shares how he tapped into a small but engaged audience to launch his membership back in 2017, why his approach to delivering content within his membership has changed and the positive impact the pandemic has had on it’s growth.
He also tells us how he recently overcame his subscription ceiling, now attracting over 100 members a month instead of 40, the steps he’s taken to make engagement skyrocket inside his community and how YouTube has played a huge part in the success of his membership … Plus so much more!
Sean Wilson is a former math teacher who has been playing the piano since he was 5. He now helps musicians to learn piano by ear and feel confident playing gospel piano. Featured in LA Today as one of the entrepreneurs you should be watching for 2021.
Listen in to hear about:
- Sean’s journey to becoming a membership owner – how he discovered his talent of learning music by ear at a young age and went onto launch his membership teaching others to do the same.
- Avoiding perfectionism. How Sean set a date to launch his membership in 2017 and went all in to make sure he launched on time to the right audience, without a sales funnel.
- How YouTube was a driving factor in pushing Sean to launch his membership, initially using it alongside Gumroad to build his audience and email list.
- How his unique approach to teaching ear training has helped him attract new members.
- How he hit a subscription ceiling and put a plan in motion to overcome that, which has resulted in him attracting over 100 members a month.
- The positive impact of the pandemic on the growth of his membership.
- The process Sean followed to find his perfect community team, which has significantly increased engagement inside his membership.
- How listening to feedback inside his community changed his approach to content delivery.
- The impact that having his membership has had on his life, giving him the freedom and flexibility to live life on his own terms.
Connect with Sean:
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode